Saturday 7 March 2015

Violet Rising ~ Book #2 in The Cambion Chronicles by J.C Thompson...



...Judd sprang from his seat so quickly that I didn’t even see it happen. He was standing behind me, so close that every hair on my body rose. His breath tumbled over my skin, down my neck and made the monster inside of me growl with want. My eyes slipped shut in anticipation. The sweet spot between my legs twisted and throbbed, beckoning him in with a ferocity so raw that it hurt. His hand moved the hair away from my neck, his fingertips brushed against my skin and I shivered. I was aware that I was still bent slightly over the table so that my ass was pushed out, toward him.
His breathing was rushed as each breath tumbled out clumsily after the other and he moved forward so that he was pushed up against my back. My head fell back in desire and his mouth skimmed the surface of my neck without touching me, starting at the hollow spot below my earlobe, moved down my neck, across my collar bone and stopped to the edge of my shoulder.
He leaned forward and my stupid body moved away, it bent backwards so that my back found the cold, smooth table top. His hands found my waist as he gently lifted my legs from the floor and slid me backwards across the table. His body moved with mine until he hovered over me and positioned himself between my legs. My eyes slipped shut in desire and my back arched from the table. Judd moaned as his erection nudged my sweet spot. His hands climbed my body greedily as he ran his palm up my stomach and across my breasts, gently cupping my throat. I wished that there wasn’t fabric between us. I opened my eyes and looked at him. Oh Judd, I wanted to moan. I wanted to feel the way his name tasted on my mouth while I burned with lust so deep that scared me. His face was tight with emotion; pain, lust, and desire played out across his handsome features. But there was also restraint. A hard restraint that told me he wouldn’t go any further.
“Please,” I begged as tears pooled from my eyes and ran across my temples. I needed him. I needed him to need me too. His eyes slipped shut as I shamefully begged him.
“I’ve never wanted anyone or anything so much in my entire life, but I will not be the one that kills you.” He leaned forward and ran his thumb across my lips tenderly. I opened my mouth and caught it between my teeth and gently grazed his skin. Kill me? Why would he kill me? My eyebrows creased in confusion as he pulled away.
“Judd, I…” I trailed off. I wanted him, oh my God I wanted him. Every cell in my body screamed for him. Every breath called to him and every touch bowed to him.
“I can’t be with you in the way that you want Phoebe.” Judd sighed as he looked up at me from beneath his lashes.
“How do I want you to be with me?” I asked in a raspy breath, because I genuinely didn’t know. His mouth tugged into a slight smile. He planted a soft kiss on my lips as light as a feathers touch before his features darkened. He pushed himself away and flew from the room into the darkness…

#Jointheawakening now with Violet Awakening book#1 Mybook.to/violetawakening ready for #TheRising Mybook.to/violetrising book #2

No comments:

Post a Comment